Our Trustees are the people who are responsible for the overall running and management of Relate Mid Surrey and oversee all the major decisions on our behalf.
What is a Trustee?
Trustees are voting members of the Relate Mid Surrey’s governing body and set out the strategic direction of the charity and work to ensure we’re well managed and meet our objectives. They are also responsible by law for our financial security and transparency.
What does it involve?
Being a Relate Trustee is very much a local commitment. As a Trustee you can look forward to serving and forging links within your own community and could also participate in national consultative forums.
Trustee boards need people with a range of skills and experience. Some which may be particularly helpful include:
- finance and business
- public relations
- information technology
We’re looking for people who can:
- Support Relate’s mission to: Promote health, respect and justice in couple and family relationships
- communicate effectively
- feel comfortable with making policy decisions
- identify with the needs of people whose relationships are breaking down
- understand the benefits of Relate’s work in education and training
- have a basic understanding of finances and how charities work
- work effectively in a team
- show leadership
To find out about Trustee openings, contact email@example.com.